Measuring Your Window Shades
OrangePiel custom printed window shades are easy to both measure and install in your home, office, or commercial project. Don't worry, anyone can do it.
- Measuring tape
Things to Remember
- Measure the exact window intended for the treatment.
- Measure to the nearest 1/8".
- Do not take any deductions for clearance. OrangePiel will determine necessary deductions.
- Double check your measurements, precision pays!
Choose Your Mounting Style
What is an inside mount shade?
- Mounted inside the window frame
- Creates clean, seamless, built-in design
- Minimal impact to woodwork and other details
- Perfect for utilizing window to backlight your custom designed image
- Measure the inside width at the top of the window. This is your ordering width. You will enter this dimension when working an OrangePiel Design Specialist.
- Measure the height at 3 locations - left, middle, and right-side. Record the LARGEST of the 3 measurements. This is your ordering height.
What is an outside mount shade?
- Shade mounted outside and above window box.
- Perfect alternative if there is not enough depth for inside mount
- Mounted to wall, ceiling, or moulding surrounding window
- Often used to make window appear larger or hide a less attractive window or door
- Measure the width of the area you wish to cover. (If space allows, we recommend adding about 1.5" to each side to eliminate light seepage.) This is your ordering width.
- Measure the height of the area you wish to cover. This is your ordering length.
NOTE: Your shade will be made 1.25" narrower than the measurement you provide to allow for brackets. If you need your shade to cover a specific width (ie. mounting on a door) add 1.25" to width when ordering.